- Day 4 was a Monday. I went in to work with only 3 hours of sleep the night before due to a fussy teething baby who couldn’t sleep. I didn’t feel like cooking at all so we got takeout but I was able to stick with the vegetarian diet. Since eating out is an inevitability for most people, I wanted to list some easy takeout options for those who would want to maintain a healthy vegetarian diet even when eating out for convenience.
- Most Chinese places offer a tofu stir fry dish and some also offer a bean curd version. There’s always the classic veggie fried rice as well.
- veggie pizza may not be the best thing in the world for you but it’s easily available. Most Itallian places also have Egplant Parmesan when you’re needing to feel some carbs.
- Subway and Jimmy John’s have pretty good veggie subs. I’m sure some other good sub chains do too.
- Wendy’s salads aren’t bad and their baked potatoes come quick and cheap.
- Harris Teeter’s salad bar is great. I don’t shop there often because it can be expensive but if I’m craving a salad that’s where I go. Just be careful not to weigh it down too much as they charge by weight.
- My local co op has plenty of vegetarian and even vegan options to go. If you’re lucky enough to have a co op grocery or health food store you’ll probably be able to find something delicious there.
- Taco trucks and make your own taco places like Chipolte have bean burritos. Most Mexican restaurants have a vegetarian menu.
Any other ideas for vegetarian take out options? Share in the comments!
Stay tuned for day 5 of our 7 Day Vegetarian Challenge tommorrow.