We’ve all been feeling pretty icky this past week so this weekend we made some chicken soup using my husband’s own recipe to help us feel better. I love this soup, and with his consent would like to share his special recipe with you all.
chicken buillon cubes
pack of Lipton Noodle Soup
egg noodles (optional)
salt and pepper
- Put some water in a pot and set to boil. Add chicken bullion and chicken soup mix.
- cut up carrots, green onions, and celery and added them to the pot, then add chicken.
- Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until chicken is boiled
- take out the chicken and shred it, then return it to the pot. Add the barley and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally until barley cooks.
- Add the egg noodles if desired and pepper to taste. It’s done when the noodles soften but the longer you let it simmer the better it tastes. It tastes even better when reheated the next day!
You now have a soup that makes a cheap meal, is delicious, and is great when you’re feeling icky. Enjoy!